Bagel Joy will begin selling at One Loudoun & Brambleton farmers markets in February
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 said it first, but I was reminded of the line while listening to the 1965 hit by the Byrds while baking alone on Sunday, during our first snowstorm of the winter. A new season is beginning for Bagel Joy and we wanted to let you know all about it.
This weekend (Saturday, February 6th), the Bagel Joy team will premiere our booth at the farmer's market at One Loudoun in Ashburn, VA. In addition to the fresh New York style bagels you've come to know and love, we'll be firing up a pizza oven to warm and toast sliced bagels and serve them with your favorite spreads. Half and full dozens will also be available along with our 8 ounce containers of plain and flavored cream cheese.
What this means to you is ..
- The online shop is dark this week. For this weekend only, we will not be offering weekend pick-ups at the Multiplex Drive parking lot.
- We will be introducing our products to new folks in Ashburn, but we would love to see some of our established customers at the market! Come by and be sure to let us know that you've been supporters during our online-only phase to receive a special opening-weekend surprise!
- We will not be making any more deliveries near the UWM campus in Fredericksburg.
- Check www.bageljoy.com again on Sunday, February 7th to place Saturday pick up orders for Centreville. Note these three significant changes to our process:
- Our pickup availability is being reduced to 60 minutes. Plan ahead to stop by 6206 Multiplex Drive in Centreville between 9:00 - 10:00 to get your Sunday bagels.
- Our 'soft-opening' prices are being retired. The pricing adjustment will allow us to keep paying our bills including insurance, equipment, ingredients, rents, and our online shop. We appreciate your understanding.
- Centreville pickups will no longer be available on Saturdays (Sunday pickups, if available, are announced on our store banner).
Finally, we've gotten many inquiries about whether and when we'll be opening a bricks-and-mortar storefront. We are hopeful for this Fall and giving consideration to both Centreville and South Riding. If you have strong feelings about either location (or another nearby spot), please let us know in the comments.
We continue to be grateful for your support and words of encouragement.